Here's a list of the titles and presenters that I found particularly interesting based on the ideas and topics we've been discussing here on The Road. There's also a few friends who will be in the exhibit hall! If you are, or know any of these fine folks please drop us a line! We're hoping to set up a series of short radio interviews with as many as we can before the big weekend. It would be a great opportunity to give a preview of your presentation to a target audience and let us know why we should be excited to hear more in person.
- Self-Care for Families
- Aging, Disability and Caregiving: Continuing the Inclusion of People With Down Syndrome
- Preparing for Transitions: Parents and Future Caregivers
- Latest Legislative Developments: How They Impact You
- Promoting Adolescent and Adult Health and Wellness
- Adult Employment: Where Are We Now? How Can We Move Forward?
- Calm to Crisis at the Flip of a Switch! How to Prepare for a Family Emergency Even if They "Don't" Want to Talk About It!
- Your Dependent With Special Needs: Making Their Future More Secure
- Thriving in Adulthood: Ingredients to Success
- Biomedical Research on Down Syndrome and Alzheimer’s Disease : the Many Paths to Improved Futures
- Special Needs Financial Planning
- Going to College!
- Imagine the Possibilities: Independent Living for an Adult With a Disability
- Career Solutions: Progressive Employment for Adults with Down Syndrome
- Grief and Loss in Adults With Down Syndrome
- Promoting Strengths and Resources in Teens and Adults with Down Syndrome
- When Things Get Serious: Supporting Healthy Sexuality in Adulthood
Joey's Ups with Downs
Pathfinder Village http://pathfindervillage.org/
Ruby's Rainbow http://www.rubysrainbow.org/
Sarah's Sewical Lounge http://sarahely8989.blogspot.com/
NIH Down syndrome registry
If you'd like to help us get there too, please consider purchasing one of our sleeveless t-shirts or contributing to our FundRazr campaign.